Kenmore Waterfront Activities Center and Kenmore~Cascade Canoe & Kayak Team are hosting an Olympic Day Paddle Sports Race on June 27!
- This 20 km race starts in Redmond’s Luke McRedmond Park, and passes through Woodinville, Bothell and Kenmore, finishing on Lake Washington at Kenmore’s Log Boom Park. It’s a one-way race, so there will be a shuttle.
- All types of paddling craft are welcome – canoes, kayaks, and SUPs of all conceivable design – you just need to be able to finish the 20 km in under 6 hours.
- The course winds along the Sammamish River valley, with one small riffly section of river and a couple of shallow spots to watch out for. The last kilometer is across the north end of Lake Washington.
- Entry fee $35 per person.
- 8:00 a.m. Registration opens
- 9:30 a.m. Pre-race meeting
- 10:00 a.m. Race start
June 27 is Olympic and Paralympic Day in Kenmore as declared by Mayor David Baker and the city council, as well as the USOC. Later in the day Kenmore will host a street fair and outdoor movie night. It’s a big day in Kenmore and we would like all of you to be a part of it.