The City of Kenmore invites the public to a series of informational open houses during the month of August to learn about projects included on the Walkways & Waterways Improvements proposed bond measure (Proposition 1) that will appear on the November 2016 ballot.
If approved, Proposition 1 would fund the following five projects to be constructed over the next seven years. These projects were identified through the “Imagine Kenmore” public outreach process where Kenmore residents confirmed that sidewalks and bike lanes on major roads like Juanita Drive and connecting the community to the City’s public waterfront are top priorities.
- 68th Avenue Pedestrian Bicycle Safety: New sidewalks and bike lanes
- Juanita Drive Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety: New sidewalks and bike lanes
- Log Boom Park Waterfront Access and Viewing
- Rhododendron Park Waterfront and Natural Open Space Access
- Squire’s Landing Park Waterfront and Natural Open Space Access
We hope you can attend these meetings. Additional informational open houses will be held in the fall.
- Monday, August 8 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Log Boom Park, 17415 61st Ave NE
- Thursday, August 18 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Rhododendron Park, 6910 NE 170th Street
- Tuesday, August 23 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Squire’s Landing Park, 7353 NE 175th Street
- Thursday, August 25 – 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Kenmore City Hall, 18120 68th Ave NE
For more information about Walkways & Waterways, visit www.kenmorewa.gov/walkwaysandwaterways.