After you’ve enjoyed our waterfront fair on May 14, up your participation by joining us in our distance race on the 21st. Start in Redmond and finish in Kenmore, and the good news is it’s all downstream! Sign up now and save!
Come to Kenmore’s third annual Waterfront Fair! 11am to 3pm
- Try out kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, dragonboats, canoes and rowing shells
- Learn about kayak and canoe rentals
- Sign up your kids for summer paddling or rowing day camps, stand-up paddling lessons or the dragonboat club
- Join the adult dragonboating or rowing clubs – or take some paddling lessons!
- Want to store your hand-carried boat? Check out the new public boat storage at Squires Landing Park.
- See Kenmore’s plans for expanding public waterfront recreation.
- Great snacks and a raffle too
Park at Squires Landing or Log Boom Park and take a shuttle between to try all the activities. Shuttle will also stop at the Kenmore Air fly-in.
Get out on the water at the Fair!
Questions? Contact email@example.com
WEDNESDAY November 11 —– Noon until 3:00 PM
Come enjoy an afternoon paddling with your children (if you don’t have children come anyway).
Since many children are out of school with the Veteran’s Day holiday, we thought it’d be fun to have a hot dog BBQ and paddle just because. We may have some mini races or perhaps even a scavenger hunt on the water.
If you’re interested or have some fun ideas let us know. If you could let us know how many will be in your group that will give us an idea of how much food to get. Also if you have a paddle and/or a folding chair bring them as well. Contact us at info@kenmoreWAC.org.
Since this is very last minute KWAC will provide the hotdogs and buns if you would bring chips or a dessert to share. The weather will probably be rain but we have that covered!
Hope to see you!
KWAC is scheduling open practice sessions for canoe, kayak, and surfski paddlers. Paddlers who own their own equipment are welcome to tag along with those who use KWAC equipment.
Life jackets must be worn or carried in your boat at all times. This applies to anyone (general public or KWAC members) paddling at an official KWAC practice. The practice schedule is designed to integrate with the existing Dragon Boat schedule. Space is limited on the Dragon Boat to 20 paddlers.
|1-Oct||Thu||None||6:00 Dragon Boat||No canoe/kayak today|
|3-Oct||Sat||8:00 canoe/kayak||4:30 canoe/kayak|
|4-Oct||Sun||10:00 Dragon Boat||4:30 canoe/kayak|
|6-Oct||Tue||8:00 canoe/kayak||4:30 canoe/kayak
6:00 Dragon Boat
|Be a stud! Do both workouts!|
6:00 Dragon Boat
|10-Oct||Sat||8:00 canoe/kayak||4:30 canoe/kayak|
|11-Oct||Sun||10:00 Dragon Boat||4:30 canoe/kayak|
*** CANCELLED! ***
Saturday October 31 at 10 AM
• Start and finish at Squires Landing Park in Kenmore – 7353 NE 175th Street, Kenmore, WA 98028
• Registration opens at 8:00 and closes at 9:30 – if you can let us know ahead of time that you are coming and what event you will race, that would be helpful
• Two distances will be offered – 5km and 10km on the Sammamish River, which winds through Kenmore and Bothell. 1 lap for the 5km and 2 for the 10km.
• Entry fee is US $10
• Age groups are U12, U14, U16, U18, Open, Masters (over 30)
• Races are open to all kinds of human powered craft up to 25 feet in length
Squire’s Landing Park is part of the Beautify Kenmore Event on Saturday, September 12. Come help keep YOUR park beautiful! The City will provide gloves and equipment, as well as water and snacks.
Saturday, August 8, is Play Day in Kenmore. KWAC is participating by providing outings in our Voyager canoe! For more details on the event, check out the city page: www.kenmorewa.gov/content/play-day
Come to Squires Landing Park on Thursday, May 14 from 4-7 p.m. and try out some boats! Learn about programs! For more info: click here.
March 21, 2015
Hosted by Kenmore~Cascade Canoe Kayak Team
BCKST: Bellingham Canoe & Kayak Sprint Team
GIG: Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Team
KC: Kenmore~Cascade Canoe & Kayak Team
SCKC: Seattle Canoe & Kayak Club